Opportunity to gain Patient and Public involvement in your research at NCRF
We are excited to announce that we have a brand new NIHR Newcastle CRF Patient and Public Involvement (Dental CRF, CARU, CRF). This group has been developed from the fantastic work over many years through the Dental PPI Group which has agreed to form a wider group to include all three areas of the NCRF’s work. Much thanks has to go to colleagues Kimberley Pickering, Susan Bissett and Chris Vernazza who have allowed the group to take on this wider role and thank you to them for their years of investment and support to create such a good starting place for the wider NCRF PPI Group to develop!
The Group’s responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a sounding board to provide feedback on patient/public/carer needs, concerns and interests to support NCRF to set research priorities.
- Assist NCRF researchers by advising on research proposal ideas and reviewing lay summaries and other research literature.
- Steer NCRF communications targeted at a patient/public audience so that it effectively engages with research participants and the wider public.
- Monitor NCRF’s progress on public and patient involvement and engagement standards.
- Attend appropriate events and conferences as patient/public representatives to represent the NCRF.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the NCRF team for additional advice and support.
There are currently 8 members of the group but we will be building on this to diversify the group further in the coming months and year.
PPI Opportunity – There is an opportunity for any researchers working within NCRF to come along and utilise the group as an involvement and/or engagement opportunity in their research. We would love to invite at least one or two researchers connected with NCRF to attend future meetings to discuss their work. This way the group members can better get to know our work and be part of our research.
There are 4 meetings planned over the next year. We would be particularly keen to hear from anyone who would like to attend either of the next two meetings in April or July:
- 20th April 2021 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm – to be held via Zoom
- 6th July 2021 – 1.00pm to 3.00pm – to be held via Zoom
- 12th October 2021 – 1.00pm to 3.00pm – to be held either by Zoom or face to face
- 11th January 2022 – 1.00pm to 3.00pm – to be held either by Zoom or face to face
If you would like to discuss coming along to talk about your research please do get in touch with our PPIE Manager Kasia Kurowska me.
I look forward to hearing from colleagues and ensuring we make the most of this fantastic new resource to include and involve people in our research!