NCRF Public Patient Group
Our PPIE Group work collaboratively and positively with the NIHR Newcastle Clinical Research Facility (NCRF) to improve patients, public and carers involvement in the NCRF.
They are actively involved in setting the NCRF research agenda and the delivery of its research projects and monitor and develop work to achieve the National Standards of Public Involvement. The Standards can be accessed at: https://www.invo.org.uk/posttypepublication/national-standards-for-public-involvement/
The open two–way communication and co-operation between the NCRF management structures continues to be to the mutual benefit of all. The Group’s responsibilities include:
- Act as a sounding board to provide feedback on patient/public/carer needs, concerns and interests to support NCRF to set research priorities.
- Assist NCRF researchers by advising on research proposal ideas and reviewing lay summaries and other research literature.
- Steer NCRF communications targeted at a patient/public audience so that it effectively engages with research participants and the wider public.
- Monitor NCRF’s progress on public and patient involvement and engagement standards.
Attend appropriate events and conferences as patient/public representatives to represent the NCRF.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the NCRF team for additional advice and support.